Friday 16 March 2012

We All Do Ewe rap Doesn’t mean I copy Him - Eduwoji

Eduwoji
The Ewe language in music was known to be labeled with Chicago back in the 90’s when the ‘number 9’ language had tiny base in the music industry.


Ayibge Edem is one of Ghana’s greatest talents who has made Ewe rap lucrative in Ghana. Though his rap is understood by the speakers of the language but his style has made it attractive for even the non-speakers to embrace it.

Hitherto, he was the only contemporary Ewe rapper until Eduwoji surfaced with his hit, Yenko Nnkooa. The rapper who was formerly known as Ray featured Stay Jay on his banger and that made him stick in the Ghana Music Industry. The song brought myriad of controversies as to the ownership, the meaning and the producer of the song. Another controversy that has erupted is Eduwoji copying Ayibge Edem?

www.233times.com in an interview with the ‘Tsoso Volta’ singer threw this question to find out in his own words if he is indeed ‘photocopying’ Ayibge Edem. In an answer which was prefixed with laughter, he answered, “I’m not copying anybody, we all do Ewe rap doesn’t mean I’m copying him.

He is a rapper and I’m a singer, though I use to rap but I’m concentrating on the singing for now. I don’t copy him at all”.
Eduwoji told www.233times.com that his new single, ‘I don’t care’ is a hit more than the ‘Yenko Nnkoa’ so the fans should watch out.

No comments:

Post a Comment