Friday 23 March 2012

I’m A Student Prostitute – Nana Ama McBrown

Actress Nana Ama McBrown has revealed some interesting secrets about her personal life: She sneaks out under the cover of darkness to learn the act of prostitution, News-One has gathered.

The appealing actress said she learnt from prostitutes the art of seductive dressing, libido activation, charming poses and all about the trade. What Nana Ama did not make clear was whether she also learnt the practical aspects of what prostitutes actually did behind closed doors.

The actress said she studied prostitution as if she was writing her final exams on the subject so as to enable her to play her role better as and when she got such roles in movies.

“I go out and watch people as in prostitutes. I’m sorry for using that word but I have to. So I get to study…sometimes I drive around, especially when I have challenging roles. I go to places I could see that kind of characters, that kind of people.

“So I drive around and see how they behave; besides I have heard a lot about prostitutes. So as an actress I put all that together and I rehearse along everyday as I live. I don’t wait for scripts,” she told News-One in an exclusive interview on her role as a prostitute in Kobi Rana’s Hotel Babylon’ which was premiered last Saturday.

Nana Ama said because of the painstaking studies she had done on prostitution, plying the role in ‘Hotel Babylon’ was as simple as a natural smile.

“I think I was born with acting. I mean I’m talented, I didn’t learn it. What I do when I get a script is I read it over and over again just to understand the story and then get to understand the character I’m playing. I know for sure there is a director but sometimes I see the movie and direct it from my point of view because I get to understand my character by rehearsing in my room, especially in the bathroom in front of my mirror.

“So before I go on set, I get to mark some of the things I want to say or do in the movie. So working with a director who knows what he is doing makes it easier. So this role wasn’t really challenging. I’m used to it,” she explained.

Nana Ama worked with Nollywood top man Ramsey Nouah for the first time in ‘Hotel Babylon’. She described him as a down-to-earth person.

“That was my first time working with Ramsey Nouah. He is a nice person. Sometimes people judge people from afar but getting close they get to know he is not like that. So we have to change our way of thinking about people. But I have not thought anything bad about Ramsey anyway. I have worked with most of them and everybody is different. He is down-to-earth, that is what I can say about him.”

‘Hotel Babylon’ was premiered last Saturday and Nana Ama’s role was rated a one of the most exciting in the movie.

Source: News One

No comments:

Post a Comment