Wednesday 14 March 2012

Kwame Dadzie Hosts ''Arts and People'' On Vision 90.9fm

Arts writer and critic, Kwame Dadzie who is also the founder of the advocacy group ''Voice of the Arts'', initiators of the NO ARTS, NO VOTE project aimed at urging presidential aspirants to feature the arts and entertainment in their manifestos, campaign harangues and policies, is set to host a show he describes '' the true definition of entertainment analysis on radio'', on Vision 90.9FM in Koforidua, the Flower City.

The foul mouth critic who has criticized almost every single person in the creative industry says he had always wanted the opportunity to prove his worth in radio and perhaps allow others to also criticize him.

''I have been hard on radio and TV presenters because I have a vaulting passion for that work, and it gets to a time I ask myself, 'why not stop theorizing than do it for them to know what you wish they do'? Most people know me to be a writer with Flex newspaper but there other things in showbiz I even do better than writing, and with time all those would manifest'', he said.

Kwame Dadzie from Sunday 18th March, 2012 will be hosting an eclectic entertainment show dubbed ''Arts and People'' on the only hundred percent English-speaking radio station in the Eastern Region, Vision FM, from 2pm to 3pm-this will be a weekly programme. Asked what the content will be, he said he was going to capture all sub-fields of the arts, including film-making, music, poetry, dance, painting, fashion, radio, TV, creative writing and the like with his radar.

''I am not going to leave any arts-discipline out. Even though some of them are dull, I will know what to do to them so as to enliven the show. I will do the usual gossips, tit-bits and above all insightful analysis with people who really matter in the topics being discussed. I have great vision and passion for the arts and I hope this could contribute to making that dream a reality'', he added.

For someone who is hard to please and nitpicks with radio presenters, isn't this going be a challenge to him to prove his worth? What is he doing to meet the high expectations from his fan? Flex news inquired.

''I know people will just tune in to see how good or bad I would perform but truth is I am not new to radio. I have over the years been a producer and guest presenter to almost all entertainment shows in Koforidua. Surprisingly, any time I got on board the content of programming I put forth made those programmes hot cake. Talk of ''E-World'' which used to air on Sunrise FM hosted by George Ayisi, ''Da Mega Show'' presented by Londona and ''Emak Top 20 Countdown'' handled by Abeiku Desmond. And for those who think this is my first time of hosting a radio show, I used to host programme called ''Get In Touch'' on Krush FM in 2009 when they started as online radio'', Kwame said.

He also thanked the General Manager of Vision FM, Mr. Oliver de Bordes for seeing the talent in him and inviting him to handle this programme for the station and admonished all to listen to ''Arts and People'' and all Vision FM programmes.

Born some 27years ago in Koforidua, Kwame Dadzie attended Koforidua Secondary School where he was the senior school prefect and later went to Presbyterian Training College in Akropong-Akuapem to train as a teacher. There, he was active in the Creative Writers Club, did comedy, rap, singing and poetry recitals during entertainment activities. Currently, he is pursuing a degree course at the University of Ghana, Legon.

No comments:

Post a Comment