Saturday 31 December 2011

Mission accomplished on US trip - Prez Mills

Prez Mills
President John Evans Atta Mills has stated that he has no regrets for dashing to the United States on Christmas Eve to tie up important business assignments with investors.

According to him, he went to the United States solely for business and is not perturbed by the various interpretations given to his return trip to the US.

The President was heavily criticized by the opposition New Patriotic Party for his return trip to the US.

The NPP asked the President’s communications team to stop kidding with Ghanaians and tell the truth about the President’s trip stating that the “Christmas meeting with US investors sounds like a story from the North pole”.

The president had only returned to Ghana after several weeks on holidays and an official visit to Canada but Director of Communications at the Presidency Koku Anyidoho explained that a number of investors had lined up to meet him.

However, addressing pressmen at the Kotoka International Airport after his arrival from the United States on Saturday, President Mills stated that his return trip to US was for the benefit of Ghanaians.

“I had to take a very important decision. I had a few assignments to undertake in the US and I told myself, why don’t you take advantage of the holidays? Instead of spending your holidays in Ghana, you could kill so many birds with one stone; forgo part of your holidays, go to the US and make the necessary contacts, which I did,”

“In the US the 26th is not a holiday; it is rather the 25, so I used those days and which everybody will agree that the week beginning the Christmas is very slow in this country not like the US so I was able to accomplish all the assignments that I had in mind”.

He added that “so, I rather sacrificed part of my Christmas holidays to perform an important task on behalf of our dear nation and I have no regrets for so doing”.

No comments:

Post a Comment