Thursday 16 May 2013

It is Not Wrong For Sound Engineers To Sing - Appietus

Flex newspaper has observed that a lot of sound engineers who are supposed to concentrate on their studio works, rather leave the studio to promote their own songs and perform on bigger platforms.
Nacy, Appietus, Roro and Moris D’Voice are some of the engineers who have excelled in this phenomenon. We got closer to some top engineers in town to ask them what they think about engineers leaving their studios to the stage:

Appietus-It is not wrong for engineers to sing, release their own songs and perform on stages. We have seen producers like timberland and Dr Dre come on the front line to do music so there is nothing wrong with it.

Hammer: I personally think it`s not a bad idea. If you are an engineer and you think you can sing I don’t have any problem with that. I can’t sing, I feel like I can teach people the fundamentals of music. I support them with their rap, I don’t see myself rapping and singing, I don’t see myself in the spot light. That notwithstanding recording engineers doing music is not a bad idea since they can be the best singers.


Infectious:  You are easily recognized if you are a singer and an engineer the same time. Some engineers do that because they want their names out there and I think it`s a positive move.

RoRo :  It is good to see music engineers do their own music and perform it on bigger stages, I remember some years back when I started this agenda, some engineers were insulting me but now I can see that those who used to insult me are now doing music. If any engineer can do music and do it well, it is good for the industry.

Ephraim – I started singing before I entered into the engineering field except that the industry got to know me through my engineering works. Aside, it is good for sound engineers to sing if only they will do it well.

Credit:  Mustapha A. Inusah

No comments:

Post a Comment