Thursday 16 May 2013

I Write Great Songs Because I Am A Man Of The People – Okyeame Kwame

Ghana’s two time “Songwriter of the Year Award Winner” and Rap Doctor Okyeame Kwame who has received much commendation for successfully churning out masterpieces and classic tunes and winning the prestigious award of “Songwriter of the Year winner” back to back has disclosed his source of inspiration for the quality he possesses in writing.
In an interview with NY DJ on Homestretch Bumper to Bumper on Kapital Radio, Okyeame Kwame disclosed he draws inspiration from the day to day activities of the people around him as he is a man of the people. He said;
I lived at Fanti New Town in a compound house where about 30 different families lived together so I saw a lot of things which have made me a better person, given me the exposure I need and most of all the people skill that makes me understand people so when I’m writing for a lot of people, I know exactly what to put down. …… Oseikrom did the magic.
Speaking on the Industry awards, Okyeame Kwame said he was amazed to pick up the award as he was pegged against Akwaboah, another great songwriter he commends so much for his writing abilities. He further stated jovially that he was only present at the awards to eat the food provided by Charterhouse as their food always tasted nice.
He was very thankful to Kapital Radio for the immense contribution and support given him all this while and promised to dedicate his next award to the station.
Okyeame Kwame, this is  a friendly advice, please next time, eat before going for the awards else you might be disappointed.
Credit: NY DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment