Sunday 27 November 2011

Do You Want Us To Date Poor Men - Nigerian Actress. Halima Abubakar

 “Do you want us to date poor people? I don’t understand what you mean by that” were the words of Nollywood actress Halima Abubakar when she was asked about reports that some actresses dated rich guys to make more money in Nollywood.

“Maybe they do it, but I don’t and that is a matter of choice. People are free to live their lives the way they want and being a noble woman, I believe that a woman’s body is the temple of God and pride to her future husband. If she decides to live irresponsibly and ruin her life, it’s her choice,” she added when nigeriafilms.com further asked her if some of them engaged in other “activities to make money.”

She also confirmed reports that some women harassed men in Nollywood. “Yes, they do because a lot of confused girls that came into Nollywood lately don’t know their bearing as they just came flaunting their bodies and when somebody tries to show interest in them, they cry foul and say that they are being harassed, yet they were the ones harassing the men. They do it because they are not ready to work hard because you cannot tell me every man is harassing you sexually, so something must be wrong. Well, I’m an actress and when I am on location I see these things happening and when you try to advise them, they will tell you that they know what they are doing.”

The award winning Halima is currently among the ‘it’ actresses in Nigeria. She and her Ghanaian counterpart, Yvonne Nelson, are reportedly to be among thespians that dazzled on the set of ‘Mistresses’, a yet-to-be-released film from the stables of Halima’s Modehouz Films.

Halima has concluded work on the multimillion naira movie in which she played the lead alongside Yvonne, while other actresses like Mary Uranta, Ruth Kadiri, Moyo Lawal and a host of others also featured.

Directed by Ifeanyi Ogbonna, the film is said to be shot with one of the best film equipment of the moment.

‘Mistresses’ is co-produced by Stanley Ebonine. Halima, who was one of the recipients of the Afrohollywood Awards held in London recently, told Nigeria’s PM that, “I’m very happy over the success of this work. I want to thank almighty God for bestowing on me the talent and for making it possible for me to come out with this movie. I will also want to appreciate the cast and crew of the movie for their cooperation and to you my fans, get ready to enjoy it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment