Thursday 16 August 2012

Kaakie Turns Muslim

Kaakie
XTRA LARGE MUSIC is due drop Kaakie’s new single this Wednesday, August 15, 2012. This new joint titled - “Zuuchia” - adding to her previous releases would make it 6 songs solely released by Kaakie – within a period of 12 months that she shot up unto the Ghanaian music scene.

The title of the song – “Zuuchia” – coined from a Hausa word meaning “My Heart” is purposely ‘cooked’ by the female singjay in order to ‘familiarize’ more with her audience who are from the Islamic community. It is a carefully synced joint on a very danceable rhythm which would be classified as Dancehall.

It is no doubt that Kaakie’s music indeed has covered every place in Ghana and even beyond the borders of Ghana. Kaakie’s songs are fast-spreading and having routine airplay in notable countries like England, USA, Australia, Italy, Spain, France, Norway, Germany, Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya, Gambia, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal among others.

“I have come a very long way within just a year; and I have realized that my fan base keeps growing by the day. Although I knew I would come out large, the fast pace at which everything is going now really prompts me to give in more than before. It meant a lot of hardwork and doing songs that would fall in the interest of the larger community (even though I know it is sometimes difficult). Lately, I found out that my fan base within the Muslim community has grown so big. After monitoring my facebook and twitter fanpages for some time now; and even at shows where I perform, I have realized how enthusiastic folks from the Muslim side have come to love and appreciate my style of music. Hence, I decided to do a joint basically for them in Hausa language, especially in this season of Ramadan. Many would question why a ‘Christian girl’ would do a dancehall track for the ‘Muslim folk’ but in my line of thought, doing something this way would really bind us all as one people and strengthen the coexistence among us. It’s a danceable song, just like my previous hits which are still banging everywhere. This does not mean that every part of the song was strictly sang in Hausa. I have some parts of the song sang in English, Twi, Ga and a splash of Patois in it like I do it always – so it can still cross the borders of Ghana – Europeans, Americans and even fellow colleagues from the Caribbean can play “Zuuchia” and still understand the words in it and groove along with on the dance floor. I am very hopeful everyone would like. I know for sure it’s gonna be everyone’s phone ringtone hahaha.” – Kaakie corroborated

By Wednesday, August 15, this new joint from ‘Queen Diva’ is sure to start rocking the airwaves across the globe. “Zuuchia” is produced by JMJ Baby (Executive Producer/Resident Sound Engineer of XTRA LARGE MUSIC).

 Kaakie already has 5 released songs previously (“Ewoo”, “Too Much”, “Toffee Pon Tongue”, “D.C Tun Up”, and “Top Gyal Time”). With “Zuuchia” adding to the previous tally makes it 6 songs.

Kaakie’s debut album launch is set for release in December 2012, under XTRA LARGE MUSIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment