Tuesday 17 April 2012

I will act nude – Majid Michel

Majid Michel
Actor Majid Michel is definitely one of Ghana’s hottest screen acts ever and the actor is envisaging taking his outstanding talent beyond the shores of Africa.

Speaking in an interview with Emma Emerson of Golden Icon TV, based in Houston, US, Majid disclosed that his dream is to feature in a Hollywood movie especially directed by James Cameron of Titanic fame.

“I just want to be in one serious movie directed by James Cameron or any of these Hollywood directors that have done the wild Star Wars or the extraordinary Men in Black … alongside Leonardo DiCaprio or Johnny Depp or a serious action film like Twilight,

“James Cameron, director of Titanic, Avatar, Terminator, him as a director, yes I want to work with him and … that don’t mean I don’t want to work with George Lucas or Steven Spielberg but I will pick him to work with and for production house, any of the Universal Studios, Warner Brothers.”

On the international stage, the fine looking actor of Lebanese and Ghanaian descent disclosed that he wouldn’t mind showing his gifted and endowed asset in a movie.

Majid explained that what he does “is pick up the script, read the script from beginning to end, I accept to shoot the script, I read it, I read the sex scenes in the script and I say I am going to do it … if I know it is James Cameron, George Lucas, Steven Spielberg … I will do it [act nude].”

He explained he will act nude in such a movie because he knows “it won’t look ridiculous, I know it will make so much sense in the story” adding if Halle Berry acted nude to win an Oscar, “so why wouldn’t I do it to get an Oscar.”

His quest for international laurels, he hinted, will however, not stop him from still acting in African movies.

The actor said he discusses every script and role with his wife, Virna, whom he married in 2004. He said his wife understands him but that she turns her face away whenever they are watching a movie of him playing a ‘sex’ role until the whole scene is over.

Majid shot into fame with the hit television series Things We Do For Love and he has not looked back ever since, appearing in popular movies such as Divine Love, Agony of the Christ, Crime to Christ and The Game.

Majid wants to reciprocate his skills to behind the camera and hopes to start directing movies before the year ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment